Laine Harrett

Back to Article
Back to Article

Laine Harrett

Year: Senior

Major: Business Information Systems w/ concentration in CyberSecurity

Role: Web Editor

High School: Walnut Hills High School, Cincinnati, OH

Bio: Hello All! I am a senior at NKU and am majoring in Business Information Systems with a concentration in Cybersecurity and minor in Information Security (whew, what a mouth full!). I am very excited to see what this camp will entail not only for the students but for me as a mentor. Even though my role is more behind the scenes, I plan on being there to help everyone! Technology has always a been a love of mine, and not until a year and a half ago I decided I wanted to make it my life.

I have gone from repairing, building, saving, and just playing around with computers to a Co-Op with Cincinnati Bell in their IT department. Now, I am the new Web Editor for The Northerner (NKU’s School Newspaper) and hope to continue to build my portfolio and experience! I can’t wait to see what you all as students know and what I can learn from you guys. Don’t be afraid to approach me with any questions!

___________________________

Favorite Social Media: My favorite social media must be YouTube or Facebook. I spend a majority of my time on my phone or computer on those. I fiddle around with Reddit as well! I also spend time on Tacomaworld.com which is a forum for Toyota Tacoma enthusiasts/owners/fans.

Dream Job: My dream job would be Chief Security Officer of a company. Within my short time at Cincinnati Bell I got to meet the CSO and figure out a lot about his background and job and figured out that is what I wanted to be! I would also love to start my career off as a Ethical Hacker.

Interesting Fact: I played college tennis my freshman year at Belmont Abbey College in Charlotte, NC. I also love the outdoors and mountain biking, but have never been out of the United States!