Ashley Hempfling

BRUCECRIPPEN

Year: Senior

Major: Electronic Media and Broadcasting

Minor: Journalism

Role: Social Media Editor

High School: Highlands High School

Ashley Hempfling began her college career right out of high school.. At first, Ashley wasn’t sure what major to declare. After taking several communications courses she decided to become apart of one of the most hands on and advanced majors NKU has to offer, electronic media and broadcasting.

Once she realized she wanted to use multiple platforms to tell the stories of others she went into journalism as a minor to advance her techniques and to master the way in which stories are told.

“I like that my major allows me to become more familiar with equipment and real world experiences,” she said. “Through the use of lights, microphones and cameras I am able to produce great videos.”

Ashley has also become involved at NKU. She has wrote for The Northerner, volunteered at WNKU radio station, and hopes to become apart of the sales department for the student run newspaper.

“Getting involved exposes me to new people, new ideas and new opportunities,” she said. “It’s all about networking.”

Ashley is excited to make the most of her last year and believes being a peer mentor will strengthen her leadership abilities and contribute to preparing her for the real world.

“I look forward to being a mentor this summer,” she said. “I think it will be a lot of fun and a great opportunity for myself as well as everyone else involved.”

In her spare time Ashley enjoys and hiking and kayaking outdoors.

1. What is your favorite TV show? Why? I love King of Queens. Although its last episode was in 2007 there are still episodes that I have not seen and they always make me laugh.
  2. Favorite social media website and why? Twitter, because it is the only social media that I currently have.
  3. What is your most memorable moment? Why? I think it has yet to happen. I am very much looking forward to graduating and receiving my college degree.
  4. If a movie was made about your life what genre would and be and who would play you? I believe Leah Remini, who plays Carrie in the King of Queens, would play me in a romantic comedy style film.
  5. What is one thing you would add to your bucket list? Why? I hope to travel by plane. I have yet to board a flight.